Sunday, August 14, 2011

Daily Junk: Love Birds

My computer and webcam have decided not to get along so I couldn't record making this page like I had initially planned... I spent almost 2 hours trying to figure out what the problem was but unfortunately I had no luck. :( I did want to share the entries I have done however. This entry is for our anniversary which  was August 2nd. I'll tell a little about what I did to the page but I won't bore you with all of the details. Both pages are painted using acrylics. The birds were traced onto newspaper from a chipboard diecut and then painted with acrylics. After they were attached I just outlined them with white. The Forever heart is a stamp, stamped in stazon and then outlined in white. I added the white lines for something extra with white paint and then a black sharpie pen. The "Just My Type" phrase came from a magazine.. I just tore it out and inked the edges. On the right side I completely altered the envelope my anniversary card came in that my hubby gave me. The envelope was purple, not anymore! It was painted with acrylics as well and I did a little sponging with white acrylic and sequin waste along one side. The quote is from a vellum quote stack and I drew out the brackets with a black sharpee. I then stamped LOVE above and below the quote with StazOn ink and I used bubble wrap and black paint for the designs in corners as well. I painted the flap white, and used a border punch on the edge. Then I drew a little checkered design with my sharpee, journaled and then attached the envy to the page. I placed my card in the envy along with a few other love related items and will add stuff as I come across it. I really love how this page turned out though. It was fun!!

Another angle of the first page

Close up of the 'Love Birds'

The envelope & card inside

Close up of the envy 

 Thanks for taking a peek! 

1 comment:

Ady Almanza said...

Wow! love these pages! pretty lettering and nice bold colors,a great combo!. Cheers!
Ady