Wednesday, September 17, 2008

'Create Art' - Gothic Arch

"Create Art" Gothic Arch
(click to enlarge)


Last weeks Gothic Arch Challenge was Pretty in Pink =) I was late (of course) on creating mine but I did want to participate so I created one today. In Artistic-Creations this week's technique challenge was the bandana technique... so I created the background using the bandana technique.. The scan doesnt show it but the outer rim of each medallion is colored in orange, pink, and yellow. Im not really sure why scanners dull colors out but for some reason they do. This arch is so much brighter (especially the pinks) in person than in this scan. *sighs* But anyway .lol. Im not sure where the stamps and image are from. I found the quote stamp at hobby lobby. I wish I would have kept better records of where all of my stamps came from. *sighs*
“The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation.” ~Auguste Rodin

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Fantastic work, I love the background and all the colours just pull it all together

Carrie Hudson Peralta said...

Hello! Just found your blog through Gothic Arch...oh i just LOVE your work!!! Your arch is so bright and cheery...very talented! ~hugs to you~

Anonymous said...

Wow, its amazing!