Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Glory of Spring- an original

'The Glory of Spring'
(Click to Enlarge)


This isnt the best photo of my newest piece but I was so excited I just had to take a quick pic and blog about it =D I just finished this piece about an hour ago... its been an on going project for 2 months now. SIGHS... Im sooooo relieved that its complete! I wanted to challenge myself with something on a large scale with ALOT of detail and I thought the contrast of the darks and lights would be a nice challenge. =) This piece measures 19x24. Im hoping to add it to my shop in the coming days, but I do want a better picture of it to show more of the details and everything. Im so thrilled with its outcome, and more relieved than anything. =)


"To see a hillside white with dogwood bloom is to know a particular ecstasy of beauty, but to walk the gray Winter woods and find the buds which will resurrect that beauty in another May is to partake of continuity.” ~Hal Borland

2 comments:

Elizabeth Golden said...

This is wonderful! I love dogwoods, living in the south, you did a wonderful representation of them.

Sandie R said...

Anrea this is wonderful. Since moving 8 years ago I don't get to see the Dogwoods in spring anymore. Sure do miss them.