Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sitting Pretty 3x3's


This is for another swap from my group Artistic-Creations. The swap was for 2 3×3’s in a ‘Sitting Pretty’ theme, and this is what I came up with….
I created the backgrounds using metallic and regular liquid watercolors in a mini mister. The images were actually from a cute set of rub on’s that I stumbled on at Michaels on the clearance shelf. They actually have glitter in certain parts, you cant really see it that well with the scan but its there in the wings of the fairies and their outfits.
For the first 3×3 I used a corner flourish stamp and black ink. I then drew in the stars and moon with a white and silver gel pen. Of course did the edging with black ink and then added a small and simple stamped word ‘Pray’.
For the second 3×3 I used a flourish stamp and black ink. I then drew in accents with a white gel pen. I drew in stars with a black gel pen and did the centers with a white gel pen. I used a sun stamp and also added white accents using a gel pen. I did the edging also in black, and added a small and simple stamped word ‘Hope’.
I really love how they turned out. Im really glad to have this hobby again as a release from every day stresses.




No comments: