Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Couple of Cards...

I finished these two cards for friends that are going through loss's in their families. I wanted to let them know that we were thinking of them. I am sort of happy with the vintage feel of this card but a little disappointed in how much the two patterned papers blend into one another. I thought because the patterns were so different but similar colors that it wouldn't matter as much.I'm not sure what the name of this paper is though (sorry ya'll!) I'm glad that I did ink the edges of the tea cup though! Unfortunately I do not have a die cutting machine or dies so I drew the tea cup out and cut it with my handy dandy scissors :) I then drew out a small tag shape in brown cardstock, stamped "Love" on it with brown in and inked the edges. I took a brown pen and drew an outline around the tag as well. Then I just attached a piece of twine and tucked it under the cup to make it look like it was a teabag coming out of the cup. For the bottom of the card, I tore the decorative paper and the base of the card across the bottom. Then I took some pretty lace trim and tucked it between the two layers and adhered it all together. The flowers are Prima and I just added some pink pearls to the centers of each flower. I'm not sure where I got the leaves. I left the inside blank except for my handwritten message.

For this card I used the same layout. The flowers are Prima with white pearl centers, and the same leaves (wish I knew where I got them.) The background paper is from my favorite paper stack.. the Mariposa stack by DCWV. I stamped a large Martha Stewart butterfly stamp twice using StazOn ink in black. Then I used my handy colored pencils and colored both butterflies to look the same. Then I fussy cut them out. I scored one of the butterflies on each side of its body and bent the wings up, then adhered the body of that butterfly to the second image so that it would look like a 3-d flying butterfly. Then I glued the base butterfly down to the card. I cut out another small tag shape in white and stamped "love" then outlined the tag and tied twine around the butterflies wing. I did the same technique as the first card with the bottom of the this card, but I used a different lace trim in white. I also left the inside of this card blank except for my handwritten message.

That pretty much sums up those cards. I need to make the card for CB's Card Sketch Challenge this month too! I keep forgetting, haha! I hope to get that finished tomorrow and posted as well! Thanks so much for taking a peek! I hope everyone is having a fun and safe weekend! Happy Memorial Day!  Click here for some interesting info on Memorial Day. (and don't forget to say a prayer for those we are remembering this holiday!)

No comments: