Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jazzy Stripes Potholder & Dishcloths

Remember that nifty yarn I blogged about earlier this week? Well I finally completed the potholder and the dishcloth set I was working on with the yarn! Isn't that yarn just awesome?! I love the stripes and the color combo's! The Potholder was the most fun to make, because the dishcloths are just more tedious, with having to make sure they are all the same size and everything. I really think that this set would be great for a younger adult, maybe a college student moving away from home or something. =) I listed both the potholder and the dishcloth set on etsy today. You can view these at http://longestyarn.etsy.com/ I hope to make some more color sets and such soon, but I think I'm going to take a break from them and focus on something new & different. I have an awesome pattern for a City brim hat that I want to try out... that maybe a project for this weekend since we are supposed to get rain. I did work on the photo's of my items a little. I still need to retake pictures of other items already listed but for these new listings I tried to be more creative and used a white backdrop so the colors and the items pop more. I swear it takes more time to update everything, take photos and list the items online than it does to actually make the items, sometimes its frustrating... and having dial up really doesnt help in matters.

I changed the layout of this blog because it was too heavy w/ graphics and hard to load. Maybe not for those with high speed but for me it was difficult and not everyone has high speed so I needed to dial it down. I like the background now, its simple but its me. Sunflowers have a special place in my heart.

On a personal note, I am going through some drama with the 'crazies' of my family. Its no mystery that me & my siblings had a tough childhood, and my mother kicked my father out b/c of his abuse when I was 12. He was terrible to us kids and my mom and it really hurt all of us. I havent heard from the man until a few weeks ago when he wanted me to add him to my facebook & myspace accounts. I, of course, declined him. I want no contact with him, period. All of my siblings feel exactly the same as well. I told him how I felt, I'm not really the type of person to hold back my feelings, at least not anymore. He didnt like what I had to say and said some mean things back to me, and I eventually ended up blocking him. Well his sister has decided to side with him and turn on me, she removed me from the social networks and emailed me a mean message. I responded back telling her how I felt about the entire situation and instead of her responding, or even ignoring me and moving on, she passed on the emails to her daughter, my cousin and she had to email me too! Well she basically threatened me, and that doesnt go over well with me... she lives across the country, am I supposed to be scared or something?! Whats the point of wasting that time & energy on emailing me something stupid like that! Well I finally just blocked them as well and I'm done with it. I dont need or want the drama, or anyone telling me to put that man in my life after 14 years and all the terrible things he did to us...... anyway, I had to vent a little there, ha!

Well hopefully I will have more to add later this weekend, btw the puppies and Honey are doing great. They are little pudgy adorable fluff balls :)
Have a great weekend all, if its raining, stay dry!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's working! I really love the bold colors you chose for these kitchen sets! Very very nice! :)