Sunday, March 7, 2010

Crochet Potholders, photo issues, & sun! =)

This week I added a few new items to the shop. =) I really enjoy crocheting more than I do knitting I think. I especially my new tunisian hooks, and the tunisian stitch that I learned! I made 2 different potholders and plan to make several more for the shop. My intention is to have a wide range of colors and styles to choose from. I'm also working on matching dishclothes as well! The first potholder I made is an average sized 8.5 inch square in a mossy green color. I really enjoyed working with the cotton yarn as well! Its one of the first items I've made using that type of yarn. I added a hanging loop w/ a decorative white button. =)



The second potholder that I made is alot larger. Its 10.5 inches square! Its huge! But sometimes (at least in my cooking experience) larger potholders are better, especially if you are baking a casserole in a large dish and need something to sit the dish on to protect your table or countertops. My husband actually found this patriotic yarn and liked it (ha!) so he purchased it and brought it home to surprise me. Its funny that he is actually bringing me yarn as a little surprise, instead of flowers, or candy... how bizarre am I hahahaha! So I made this potholder in the patriotic colored yarn he purchased me :) I am personally not a fan of the color combo but thats not to say Im not patriotic. lol. Maybe I should hush on that lol. I also added a hanging loop w/ a white decorative button.




I went on a mini shopping spree to hobby lobby this weekend, and found lots of great deals and yarn that I can not wait to start working with... hopefully I will have more to share later.

I think I need a better way of taking photo's of my items... I dont think the pics give the items justice and I dont know what I can do to change that. Its a little frustrating because in person the colors and style etc look so much better. If anyone has any suggestions for taking photos of these and other items, PLEASE share! LOL. Thanks in advance!




This weekend was the first warm and sunny weekend we have had since November! YES I SAID NOVEMBER! I was looooving it too! Tim and I barely stayed home all weekend because we wanted to soak up the sun and enjoy it as much as we could. We actually drove 2 hours to the nearest hobby lobby just to be outside haha. It was nice though! I really hope this is a sign that spring is coming and soon. This winter was pretty cold, White, and bizarre!



More to come, hope everyone is well! =)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the red, white and blue turned out very well. I think it looks great!! Isn't that the color Tim picked out that you were worried about? :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like the red, white and blue turned out very well. I think it looks great!! Isn't that the color Tim picked out that you were worried about? :)