Sunday, April 19, 2009

help for a fellow artist...

I am a member of a site called Creative Souls and I just learned that one of the other members, JoAnna's husband has been diagnosed with another brain tumor. This is the information that JoAnnA has shared with us from her blog, http://mosshills.blogspot.com/ ....

More serious than we thought

Oh my, how do I even say this. Ron's neurologist explained to us, as we viewed his MRI scans, that this tumor is massive, compressing the brain stem and 4th ventricle. Ventricles in our brain carries the CSF Fluid. That is my understanding. This is what the doctor said:Ron needs immediate surgery. He has maybe a month to live before the ventricle would be cut off and he would die. Talk about feeling like a mac truck hits you. I thought I was going to completely loose it. When you hear news like this, you want to faint and not connect to the truth, just like when I heard that my mom was dead. It brought that familiar pain back.After the doctor's visit we went to the social services office. The quickest Ron could be covered will be next Thursday, a WEEK. A week seems like eternity right now. They handed me more paper work that I have to do and bring back in the morning.Ron's doctor wants him to have his surgery in San Francisco. We have a nephew who lives in the city, so hopefully I could crash on his couch while Ron is in surgery. Oh my, this is so big to even think about and put into prospective.If Ron is not eligible for medical treatment, then he will not be able to have the surgery.Please please please continue to pray. Again, our faith is strong, or at least Ron's is. I keep reaching for the phone to call my mother. It just seems way to big to me and hurts so very much. I have to be strong for Ron. He is hurting over me hurting. And I understand that from when he got the news about me. We have both been on the other side of the fence.
April 17 1:05pm

Creative Souls have put together a chip in fund for Ron & JoAnnA to help with the medical bills as they do not have coverage etc. The address to this is: http://ronpierotti.chipin.com/ron-pierotti

Below is a widget that can be added to any page/blog etc. If you could spare a dollar or 2 it could go a long way into helping these two wonderful people in this distressing time.



I will continue to pray for them daily. Please also keep them in your prayers.

Photobucket

No comments: