Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A few new additions to my shop...

I have been doing a lot of different things the last few days and so I thought I would post one big blog with all the things I have done lol. Thought it might be easier :)

Remember about a week ago I mentioned that I was knitting! Do your remember the pics of the beginning of my first knitted item and how I mentioned that I wanted it to be a table runner. Welll.... that didnt happen lol. Actually I tried really hard to make it into a table runner but I couldn't get it long enough to fit the kitchen table because its so long. I just simply did not have enough yarn of that color to do it. So I decided to turn what once was meant to be a table runner into a shaw. Funny how things happen right? So I used some burgundy colored yarn and made a fringe along the bottom, added a large brown button and wha-lah. I have my first hand knitted project. Im thinking of putting it in my etsy shop. I just wish I had someone to model it for me lol. I've started another knitting project now. I'm about 1/2 finished with the first of 2 window valances for my studio windows. (I hope, a-hem) LOL.

I had so much fun altering that clock I did for PAMC a few weeks back that I wanted to alter another one for my studio. This is what I came up with. The colors and everything are alot brighter in person but I took the pic at night so it didnt really show everything the way I was hoping. The quote in the middle is on vellum and it says "The Lover of Life makes the whole word into his family"

Items used: Purple Acrylic paint, Number stamps (unsure where they are from), Number diecut stickers by Colorbok, Background decorative paper by Colorbox, Pansy vellum stickers by stickopatamus, vellum quote from colorbok, cardstock in lavendar and sage, & glitter glue by crayola.


This is a faux mosaic frame that I created for my shop. I painted a wooden frame from Michaels white with acrylic paint. I then tore dark blue cardstock and a teal and brown decorative paper in to square shapes. I then meticulously glued each square into place in a pattern. Once that was dry I used Aleene's Paper Glaze on each individual square. It had to dry for 24 hours untouched. Then I added another coat of paper glaze and waited another 24 hours. Once it was dry and set properly I coated it 2 times with Liquitex gloss medium & varnish, and of course waited another 12 hours before I did anything lol. For embellishments I layered a white, teal, and green flower from Prima and attached it with 3600 glue and added a blue gem to the flowers. The final embel. was the yarn on either side of the flower. Its attached with 3600 as well. I love the way it fades from dark blue to the teal color! I will be adding this item to my shop soon!


The final thing I've created this week is what I call a Lotus flower candleholder. I've made these in the past for my shop but havent made them in a while. The base of the candleholder is a record that I have painted and sealed. Then the flower is also a record that I melted into this shape. Its painted in pearl purple and the edge has glitter. It is also sealed a few times. The records are attached together with 3600 glue and the glass candleholder in the center of the flower is attached to the flower with 3600 as well. I will be adding this to my shop in a few days as well. I hope I can make a few more in other colors soon =)


I think thats about all for now =) I've been pretty busy the last week or so! Hopefully I can create some more goodies this week!


I hope you're all having a great week! I'm off to cook supper, relax and watch Idol later tonight!

-> GO ADAM & DANNY! <-


~Ande

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like all of your work! :) The card you made is very pretty! The shaw turned out well too - even if it was intended to be atable runner! You still did an excellent job - it's not your fault it got messed up! Ya know?! So don't stress! :) Love the candleholder, as you know - I have one in YELLOW!! :) Keep up the awesome craftiness!