Sunday, November 23, 2008

1st Card of the Season!



Yesterday I began my journey into Christmas card making! Oh boy! This is the first year that I will be handmaking all of the cards that we are sending out for the holidays. So I am a bit nervous and hope everyone doesnt laugh hysterically at my first attempt at this. This is the first card I created. I learned of a website through the Red Cross called Holiday Mail for Heroes where you can send cards to be distributed to American service members, veterans and their families in the United States and around the world.

My sister and I are trying to spread the word to get those that are interested to send at least one card this holiday season. Soooo since I was inspired yesterday with this, I went ahead and created my card which I will be sending tomorrow. It really is something nice to do for all of those that might be serving right now and can not be with family and friends for the holidays.
"Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put
it into words is all that is neccessary." ~Margaret Cousins

No comments: