Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Naturally Inspired...


(FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: a picture I took looking through the canopy, Tim and I in the forest, and the tree carving my hubby did [so sweet!])


I was inspired by nature to blog about my weekend (well my Sunday anyway.) My hubby and I decided to go shopping on Sunday and well its about an hour drive to get to any decent stores in a big town (like walmart for example) but on the way we saw a sign that we pass almost weekly that says 'Twin Falls State Park' with a large arrow on it, and every weekend we comment on how we would love to stop there and see the falls and everything. My hubby's coworkers told him it was a nice place, very peaceful and pretty so this Sunday we decided to actually go there for a change. We drove along the path through the woods to the parking area, and there were signs there pointing towards a paved walking trail in the woods. So we started walking... Keep in mind this was spur of the moment decision so I was wearing flip flops of all things! My husband had made the comment 'Im glad that its paved, so you wont trip and break your neck on stones or tree roots' and then the pavement magically disappeared and we were left with guess what... mud, stones, and tree roots lol. Im not scared of getting dirty and it was nice and quiet, very beautiful and cool under the shade of the forest, so I continued hiking. We were the only ones on the trail and it was nice spending the time talking, joking around, and just enjoying the beauty of nature. The trail seemed to never end, it continued to go deeper and deeper into the forest, the shade becoming denser as we went. We could hear the running water and we were surrounded by the neatest rock formations and fallen tree's covered in moss and all sorts of nature created sculptures. We took a few pictures together to document the occassion, and continued hiking. Eventually we ran into another young couple who were ironically from the same area we are originally from. They were really nice and we chatted for a little while. My hubby asked if there were any falls farther down the path and the guy said 'no, we walked 15 more minutes and found nothing but more of this' and so we decided to turn back after hanging out for a while, and my hubby carving T and A in a heart on a tree :) The other couple took off after our talk and left us alone once more. Eventually he found a small path that went down a steep incline almost like stairs carved from the ground of mud. He climbed down it and found a small pool with a small waterfall and took a few pictures of it. I couldnt climb down or possibly back up in flip flops so he did that for me, otherwise I would have been down there with him in no time. *sighs* On our way back the clouds were blocking the sun and it made the forest darker, and more eerie. I was a little spooked by the fact that we were about 45 minutes deep into the forest and were the only couple left there with no sort of protection from animals, or a phone to call for help if we needed it (well we had the cell phone but of course there was no service there... ) We were talking and I was going to step over a tree limb but my hubby thought I didnt see it and held his hand out and was going to help me and step down on the limb... well I didnt realize he was doing that and the limb hit bushes that were behind us making them shake and I jumped with a scare because I thought there was some sort of animal around us and he was stopping me because of that lol. My hubby thought that was the most hilarious thing to happen and joked with me all the way back to the car... in all honesty it was a nice hike with nothing but natural beauty surrounding us, and the peace and quiet that you could only get in the forest alone... but I was let down by the fact that there wasnt really anything I would catergorize as a waterfall there... it was more of a trickle of water onto a rock in a pond lol. but hey what do I know about these things.. Im just a simple girl, hoping to experience a natural beauty that will take my breath away. One of these days I hope I will see something like that, but for now... the forest was beautiful, but it wasnt breathtaking... my dream hasnt happened yet.....

No comments: