Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wood Carving....

I have been trying a new sort of art form the last couple of days... wood carving. Nothing too detailed or extremely difficult... I am just trying to do something different for a change. My hubby bought me a Dremel Rotary tool over the weekend and I jumped into teaching myself how to use it. So I created this little pendants on a whim. My best friend Ginger liked the W.V one so much that she requested one for her with her initials and her fiance's initials. So out of the excitement of it all, I jumped into making it today :) These are the things I have come up with these last couple of days.....



Im not to thrilled with the way the look using the scanner. Because of the gloss varnish I used the scans seem to show crackles or bubbles or something that arent really there. It must be the glare from the scanner light or something Im not to sure. I think the last 'native' looking set might be made into earrings tomorrow, I think they would be really nice looking as earrings. Like I said, Im not exactly the best at carving but its something different to interest me so that I have a break from drawing that ridiculously HUGE piece I have been working on for the last 2 weeks! Sighs... I was not thinking when I started that sucker!

No comments: