Monday, March 7, 2011

March 2011 Crop- "3+3=9?" Challenge Entry

Today I completed my entry into Life on the Scrap Beach's 5th challenge for the March 2011 Crop. The challenge was '3+3=9?' which means to create a layout using 3 clusters of 3. So for my layout I clustered buttons, as well as some bling and the bubble stickers on the photo (there's 3 clusters of 3 bubbles on the pic, just can't see them that well in my photo :( ) The main plaid paper came from provocraft. The rubber ducky paper came from Frances Meyer & is called "little yellow ducky". The flower came from a Prima: "Trini Bright" box of flowers that I have. 


I wish you could see everything better in the photograph. The Splish Splash
is edged in a teal color but because of the glitz on them you cant really see it.
The thread I used for the buttons is a silver color as well. The white background
has stitching in white as well. I'm still learning how to properly take pics of my layouts
so you can see all of the detail. Oh and the page curl technique I learned from Kathryn during
her live scrap broadcast on Saturday :) 
This is a picture showing the tag pulled out. I actually used a
 large sticker from Frances Meyerof a rubber duck (the bubble stickers
 came from the same set). I attached the sticker to white
cardstock and cut it out. Then attached it to the top of my tag after I added the bling.
 I had originally planned to have the duck dangling outside of the tag
with bling and fibers but the more I thought about it the more I thought how demented
 and weird it might look to have a duck with a whole innits head on my
page LOL. I'm pretty satisfied with it this way :) 


If you would like to check out the other entries and maybe join in a challenge or two click{here} to visit Kathryn's blog. :) Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Cute layout ~ love the hair! LOL! :D

Anonymous said...

Tooo cute!!! Rub a dub dub!!! :) The ducky and Adam are both adorable!! :) GREAT job!