Thursday, March 3, 2011

Live. Love. Eat.

My Inspiration
So as I mentioned before, we've been painting our kitchen. Well its finally complete, HOWEVER... I am in the process of now getting back to clean and organized and trying to figure out how to decorate it. The sign to the left is my whole inspiration for the theme of my kitchen. I love the colors, the quote... everything about it really. The walls are the color of the light yellow in this picture, and I want to use alot of white milk glass type items and the teals, salmon and green for accents and pops of color :) Its so fun and shabby chic don't you think? I promise I will be sharing pictures of my kitchen soon but not until I get it the way I want it. LOL. Its a process and difficult when I have no clue where to start. I finally got the table and counters cleaned up after all of the cardboard and stuff stacked everywhere to get it out of the way for painting. :D For now I wanted to share with you the signs that I made for above my sink in the kitchen... I absolutely LOVE the crackle paint effect and had so much fun making these.These are pretty much handpainted, and the crackle effect is super cheap, easy and effective... let me know if you're interested in a video tutorial and I'll put something together =} The phrase is just funny and very suitable for me & Tim. =) So without further ado, here they are:

And this is an apple color although in
this picture it looks like a weird yellow. 

Salmon love =} 

This is really more teal than baby blue,
sorry for the color weirdness!
And here they are hanging above my kitchen sink as planned =}

An angled view

Front view
I'm considering putting some butterflies or something in between Live and Love and Love and Eat, but I'm not sure yet. I'll figure it out. Its a big area so there's some space in between the signs, but for now this will have to do. Anyone have any idea's/suggestions for decor for this type of theme, now that I've shared a little example? Would love to hear from ya!

2 comments:

Michael's Nana said...

well, with the eat sign .....Tim can sure do enough of that for the both of you! LOL looks great! I really like to color and the signs/artwork to be correct......and no I am NOT watching am idol! LOL
love ya! Ma

tim u r too damn nosey! but I love u anyway!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Andrea! I love how these turned out.. that old or cracked paint (not sure of correct term) is really COOL! :) Hmm may have to try to do a frame that way or something one of these days! Very awesome work!!