Thursday, March 10, 2011

Altered Art Frame

I finally completed this altered art frame for my kitchen this week. Here's how it turned out. It is VERY different than how the original frame looked. In fact everything about it has been changed. The first step was painting/crackling the frame. Then I changed the painting that was in it originally. It had an art print of ducks in it at first. That just had to go lol. I added this really pretty shabby chic nature print instead with a matching mat. I then created all of the paper flowers and attached those to the bottom of the frame. I wanted a conversation piece, something that has character and is different than the regular flat painting. I thought the flowers and leaves would add dimension and something cool to the whole feel. Plus it gave me an excuse to make the flowers I've been dieing to make! =D. I am really happy with the way this turned out and it is such a great addition to my kitchen! Below are a few more pics of the flowers and the original frame....

The original frame and painting.





Stay tuned for a few tutorials on how to make these paper roses and mums. =) 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

2 comments:

Michael's Nana said...

That is better than what was in the frame! it's really NEAT!

Real Life Reslers said...

It's beautiful Ande! You did a great job. DEFINITELY sooo much better than those ducks!