Monday, January 19, 2009

'My Husband, My best friend':mixed media painting

Im trying out mixed media and cartoon drawing. Today I put this together, on a whim really. And because Mixed Media Monday's challenge last week was Friends and I think of my husband as my best friend. I dont think Im very happy with it. I dont know if the cartoon style is really for me and I really dont like the faces. lol. I was really trying to go along with my 'Contained' painting and use the same image for the lady.... I guess its hard for me to draw simple drawings without alot of detail to them or shading. I really am used to my pencil's, shading, and making things look realistic. But I so love mixed media.Its such a creative form and it really is so fun to create. I am always so inspired by the paintings & creations I see and for some reason I feel like I fall short of that with my creations. I thought I would share. I did enjoy sitting here with my watercolors, colored pencils, pens etc infront of my window watching it snow as I created something from my mind. :) I hope everyone is staying warm and toasty!


No comments: